Change of Program
Change of Program
Please review the general guidelines for applying to change or add majors and minors.
Dodge College is currently impacted in all programs, so even qualified applicants may not be admitted due to lack of space.
Deadlines for 2017/2018:
- Fall Deadline: October 1, 2017
- Spring Deadline: March 1, 2018
Late applications will not be accepted. You must turn your application in by the deadline or your application will not be reviewed.
Freshman applicants: We must see grades from two semesters at Chapman before making a decision. Freshmen can apply in the Spring Semester of their first year at Chapman and we will hold applications until after Spring grades post.
Sophomore/Junior applicants: You may apply at the fall or spring deadlines, as long as you fit all of the criteria listed below. If we feel that we need more information, we may hold your application until we see final grades from the current semester (we will notify you if that is the case).
- If you already have a major or minor within Dodge College, check here to make sure that the major/minor combination is allowed.
- Many of our programs are intensive and require students to take a large number of units to complete the program. If you are accepted into a Dodge College major or minor (especially after freshman year), it does not mean that you are given priority registration over other students, and it will most likely take more than four years to complete your requirements.
- We do our best to meet every student’s needs, but unfortunately the high demand for many of our programs makes it impossible for us to guarantee approval of a change of major and/or minor within Dodge College. We encourage students to have alternate plans in case they are not admitted to one of our programs.
- You must have at least a 3.5 GPA to apply to change your major.
- You can only apply twice for the same major.
- You can only apply for one major at a time.
- You must also complete full two semesters at Chapman University before applying to change your major with one exception: If you are a transfer student entering Chapman University with more than 60 credits, you may apply to change your major during your first semester. Please note we will hold your application until after final grades from that semester post.
- Students with fewer than 60 credits of requirements remaining on their current program evaluation (including classes in progress) cannot apply for a major at Dodge College.
- The minor must be eligible to add with your major. (See major/minor restrictions here)
- You must have at least a 3.5 GPA to apply to add a minor within Dodge College.
- You must have completed a full semester at Chapman University before requesting a minor within Dodge College with one exception: If you are a transfer student entering Chapman University with more than 60 credits, you may apply to change your minor during your first semester. Please note we will hold your application until after final grades from that semester post.
- You can only apply twice for the same minor.
- Students can only have one minor within Dodge College.
- Students with fewer than 45 credits of requirements remaining on their current program evaluation (including classes in progress) cannot apply for a minor at Dodge College.
Intra-University Change of Major Instructions For students not currently within Dodge College who want to change their major into one of the programs within Dodge College (Film Production, Film Studies, Creative Producing, Screenwriting, Digital Arts, Public Relations & Advertising, Broadcast Journalism & Documentary, Television Writing & Production).All students applying for Film Production or Digital Arts must fill out this application, regardless of whether their current major is inside or outside of Dodge College.
Intra-Dodge Change of Major Instructions For students who are currently majoring in a program in Dodge College that want to change their major to something else within Dodge College (except Film Production and Digital Arts which require the Intra-Chapman application).
Adding a Minor Instructions For any student who wants to add a minor within Dodge College (Advertising, Broadcast Journalism, Documentary Film, Film Studies, Production Design for Film, Public Relations, Television, Visual Effects).
If you have questions regarding this process please contact:
For film division majors/minors (Film Production, Film Studies, Creative Producing, Screenwriting) firstname.lastname@example.org
For media arts division majors/minors (Public Relations & Advertising, Broadcast Journalism and Documentary, Television Writing and Production, Digital Arts, Visual Effects, VR and AR) email@example.com